C6 Biliteracy Instructional Framework: Lesson Planning via a Critical Consciousness Lens The C6 Biliteracy Instructional Framework was designed to align with the research recommendations in the Guiding Principles for Dual Language Education: Third Edition.
• District bilingual/multilingual administrators, dual language coordinators and specialists
• Elementary and secondary site administrators, dual language coordinators
• Lesson plan through an equity lens, while aligning with biliteracy instructional practices in the dual language classroom
• Determine lesson planning components that are needed to effectively create access to grade level standards in both program languages
• Plan for culturally sustaining lessons that dismantle systems of oppression
Dr. José L. Medina is the founder and Chief Educational Advocate at Dr. José Medina: Educational Solutions. Prior to establishing the boutique educational consulting firm, Dr. Medina was the Director of Languages and Culture at the Center for Applied Linguistics (CAL) in Washington, DC. José provides dual language technical assistance, professional development, and job-embedded support to dual language programs across the United States and globally. He is a former dual language school principal and has served as an administrator and educator at the elementary, middle, and high school levels. Dr. Medina is a co-author of the third edition of the widely used Guiding Principles for Dual Language Education. He has also authored three bilingual children’s poetry books focused on his testimonial.