Rising Up: Create Your Own Path
Author: Patricia Griselda Pérez
Publisher: Velàzquez Press
A collection of 15 inspiring and culturally relevant stories for young adults trying to find their place and understand their value in society. Each story presents a Latinx role model and how they were able to rise-up to create their own path and reach their aspirations. Embedded throughout the book are over 800 academic vocabulary words to help students increase their vocabulary use through discussions and explanations.
- Provide relevant and inspiring stories to motivate Long-Term English Learning (LTELs).
- Help LTELs learn over 800 academic vocabulary words and practice using more than 60 sentences stems to improve academic language use.
- Perfect in helping LTELs cultivate reading and writing skills during designated English language development time.
- Long Term English Learners
- Part 1: Paths to Create a More Humane World
- Part 2: Paths to Build a Stronger Community
- Part 3: Paths that Develop Future Generations